Critigen has made a AP for Android and Iphones to assist in Finding a Control Point from National Geodetic Surveys website. Critigen is a Trimble and ESRI partner.
You can now download the AP from either the Google Play for Android or Iphone Ap stores as of May 2012:
Or you can still download and install it to your Android or Iphone by typing in this web address on your phones browser:
Then you can download and install directly to your phone. The alternative is to download it from the website via your PC, extract the zip file to your PC and then copy it to your phone and install it.
Key features include:
- View NGS survey control stations in a map viewer.
- Toggle on/off layers used to identify station quality/type, i.e., horizontal, vertical, combined, low quality and Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS) Network.
- Switch easily between Streets or Imagery basemaps.
- Search by County.
- Zoom to current location.
- View station summary information with map callouts.
- Direct access to NGS datasheets that summarize key geodetic information.