Trimble Positions for “ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 3.10”
This is the first blog post of many for Trimble Positions for ArcGIS Mobile for Windows Mobile:
Here is the home page for Trimble Positions
This is a link to the Trimble Positions Technical Support Page to download Software and User Guides.
Here is the link for the Trimble Positions Data Sheet
There are a few pieces of software that make up the Trimble Positions Suite for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 3.10:
- ArcGIS Mobile 3.10 for ArcGIS 10.1 which includes the ArcGIS Mobile Data Project Center (this can be downloaded from your Esri software download website using your Global ID).
- Trimble Positions Desktop Add-in 10.1.1 for ArcGIS 10.1 (think of this as the old Trimble GPS Analyst extension for ArcGIS). This includes the Trimble Positions Mobile Project Center.
Trimble GPS WM Device:
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 3.1.0. This is deployed from the PC to your Trimble WM 6.1 or WM 6.5 device.
- Trimble Positions Mobile Extension 3.1.1 for ArcGIS Mobile 3.10 (think of this as the old Trimble GPS Correct extension for ArcPad).
- Future Blog post will have more details with Download, Install and Setup instructions for Trimble Positions/ArcGIS for Windows Mobile.
Technical Specs for Trimble Positions 3.1.1 ArcGIS Mobile 3.10 for Windows Mobile
- ArcGIS Basic 10.1 is not supported with Trimble Positions 10.1.1 for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 3.10.
- ArcGIS 10.1 STANDARD edition license is the minimum requirement for Trimble Positions 10.1.1 for ArcGIS Mobile 3.10. ArcGIS Advanced is supported too.
- Personal, File Geo database and SDE are supported with Trimble Positions 3.1.1 for ArcGIS Mobile 3.10.
- Side note – The ArcGIS Mobile Project Center must be installed on the PC before the Trimble Positions Project Center is installed on the PC.
- Trimble Positions 3.1.1 for ArcGIS Mobile 3.10 is compatible on Trimble MGIS Windows Mobile Devices running WM 6.1 and or 6.5.
- Trimble Positions 3.1.1 can be used with Trimble External Receiver/Antenna’s: Pro 6H/T, Pro XH/XT and Pro XRT as long as the data collector is a Trimble MGIS WM 6.1 and WM 6.5
- Trimble Positions for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile and ArcPad is not compatible running on Windows XP, 7 or 8 platform such as a tablet or laptop for data collection. It currently is only supported on Trimble MGIS Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5 platforms.
**See that latest Trimble MGIS Compatibility List as of December 20th, 2012 to see what Trimble software and Trimble hardware work together.