Trimble Positions 10.2 install order for ArcGIS 10.1/10.2 and ArcPad 10.2 Released November 25, 2013
Where to find ArcPad 10.2 download and Resources:
- Where to download ArcPad 10.2: ArcPad 10.2 and ArcPad 10.2 Install Guide (click on Getting Started/Installing ArcPad).
- A reminder to install the ESRI software first then install the Trimble Positions software and then activate it both on the PC and the Trimble GPS unit.
- ArcPad 10.2 Resources: ArcGIS Mobile/ArcPad Blog, ArcPad Team Blog, Resources ArcGIS for ArcPad and ArcPad 10.2 Help
Where to find the Trimble Positions 10.2 download files and Admin/User Guides:
- Trimble Positions Desktop and Trimble Positions for ArcPad Extension Documentation including Release Notes, Admin Guides and User Guides can be found here: Trimble Positions Software Suite Documentation as of November 2013
- Trimble Positions Desktop and Trimble Positions for ArcPad Extension downloads for can be found here: Trimble Positions Software Suite downloads as of November 2013
After ArcGIS 10.1 or ArcGIS 10.2 is installed then you can proceed to install the following software and activation in this order:
- ArcPad 10.2.
- Trimble Positions Desktop 10.2 Add-In.
- Activate the Trimble Positions Desktop 10.2 Add-in on your PC: Click on Start/All Programs/Trimble/Trimble Positions Desktop Add-in/Trimble Positions License Administrator. Click Single Use/Activate and then enter your installation code.
- Run the Trimble Positions Desktop configuration on your PC: Click on Start/All Programs/Trimble/Trimble Positions Tools/Desktop Configuration. This will create a “Jet Database” to store project information.
- Launch ArcMap to verify that the Trimble Tool bar is active. If not then check under “Customize” Extensions.
- See the Trimble Positions Developers Blog for a video on how to install the Trimble Positions software for ArcGIS desktop.
- Trimble Positions 10.2 for ArcPad 10.2 will work with ArcGIS Basic, Standard and Advanced.
- See the Trimble MGIS Compatibility Matrix as of November 2013 for current software and hardware compatibility.
On the Trimble Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5 Device:
- Deploy ArcPad 10.2 for Windows Mobile to the Trimble device (running WM 6.1 or 6.5) and then open the software to enter the installation code.
- Install Trimble Positions 10.2 for ArcPad and then Activate the license. Activation of the license is done after the software is installed to the Trimble GPS unit. On your PC click on Start/All Programs/Trimble/Trimble Positions for ArcPad Extension/Trimble Positions ArcPad Extension Activator. Internet access is need for this activation. If internet access is not available there is an offline procedure if necessary. Please contact your local Trimble dealer for assistance with this.
**** Once the install completed on the Trimble device: verify that the following are installed via Active Sync, Windows Mobile Device Center (from the PC) or on the device in Remove Programs:
- ArcPad 10.2.
- Trimble Positions 10.2 for ArcPad Extension.