R1 GNSS Receiver – New GNSS Firmware 5.03 Released
What’s new in the GNSS Firmware 5.03?
- Improved GNSS performance
- NMEA configuration support
- RTX Any support. Please speak to your sales representative with any questions you may have about the different levels of Trimble RTX: See Trimble Positioning Service for Trimble Mapping hardware for more details about “RTX corrections”
Download the GNSS Firmware 5.03 here – The download will start immediately to your PC.
- Plug the USB cable into your PC and into the R1
- Run the GNSS Firmware 5.03 exe that you downloaded
- Double click on “Trimble_R1_GNSS Receiver_Firmware_v5.03 exe” and then click Yes. If it doesn’t start-up then try again and right-click on “Trimble_R1_GNSS Receiver_Firmware_v5.03” and run as Administrator.
- Select the unit from the drop down list (it should be auto-detected).
- The upgrade will take around 5 minutes and you will see both purple and blue lights blinking on the R1 faceplate.
- Once you see the message that the firmware upgrade was applied successfully – then click Finish.
- *If your PC doesn’t find the “Device Driver” for R1 automatically then follow this steps: Verify that your computer has the latest updates and USB Drivers. Consult with your IT Staff if they need to download the latest “USB Drivers”. If none of the previous trouble-shooting steps work then go to this website CDM v2.12.00 WHQL Certified to resolve USB connection issues with your PC and the R1. Scroll down on this website and find and download the driver that matches your Operating System and Processor for your computer.