Trimble GIS Power Hour – Geodetics for High Accuracy GIS Data Collection
Join the Trimble Mapping team Wednesday August 23rd 2017
Speaker: Matt Morris – “Product Manager/Senior Software Engineer – GIS at Trimble
When collecting GIS data using high precision GNSS receivers, it is important to have a sufficient understanding of geodetics to fully realize high accuracy GIS features at the end of a workflow. In this Power Hour, we will provide a brief introduction of basic geodetic concepts for the GIS user community and discuss the impact of reference frames on both real-time correction and post-processing workflows. We will also discuss planned improvements to post-processing workflows in regards to geodetics. A basic knowledge of GIS coordinate system concepts is recommended.
Topics covered include:
- What are the basic geodetic concepts necessary for GIS users?
- How are coordinate systems handled through differential correction?
- What is the impact of reference frame and epoch on both real-time correction and post-processing workflows?
- How are feature heights affected by coordinate system settings?
- How can users obtain the “best” accuracy when storing features in their GIS?
- Register Here